Product Code: xxxx
THERMAFLEECE Original is wool-rich insulation made from 85% British wool and 15% polyester binder containing a high recycled content. It is BBA-approved and certified to last the life of the building.
Supplied as slabs that fit securely between rafters, joists and studs, THERMAFLEECE Original provides excellent thermal and acoustic insulation performance. Like all THERMAFLEECE products, it is long-lasting, safe to handle and can contribute to a healthier indoor environment by acting as a moisture buffer and absorbing indoor pollutants such as formaldehyde.
Using THERMAFLEECE Original can reduce carbon emissions by many tonnes over the lifetime of use. Wool fixes carbon dioxide helping reduce greenhouse gas levels.
THERMAFLEECE Original is safe to handle without the need for personal protective equipment. It can be recycled or safely disposed of at the end of its life.
THERMAFLEECE Original is BBA certified for the life of the building and contains a lofting agent to maintain fibre stability and structural integrity throughout.
BBA Certified for use in ventilated and unventilated lofts; under pitched roofs and between rafters for tiled or slated pitched roofs, as well as timber frame wall applications between studding with a weather resistant cladding, and a ventilated and drained cavity.
• Roofs – Lofts & Warm Roof
• Walls – Timber Frame & Solid Wall
• Floors – Suspended Ground Floor & Between Floor.
• Thermal Conductivity: 0.038 Wm-1K-1
• Density: 23 kgm-3
• Water Absorption (@100% RH): 34% w/w
• Specific Heat Capacity: 1800 Jkg-1K-1
• Mould Resistance: CUAP Vegetable Fibre Draft 2002-01-25: Pass
• Moth/Beetle Proofing - ISO 3998: Pass
• Vapour Resistivity: 9 MN•s•g–1m–1
• Ignition Point: >500oC
• Spread of Fire to BS 5803-4: Pass
• Recoverability and thickness to EN 823: Pass
• Dimensional stability to EN 1604: Pass
• Short term water absorption to EN 1609 method A: Pass
INSTALLATION AND HANDLING
THERMAFLEECE Original is harmless and can be installed without gloves or protective clothing, although we recommend you wear a dust mask in enclosed spaces such as lofts.
Protect the insulation from prolonged exposure to sunlight when unpacked and avoid wetting for extended periods, store under cover and clear of the ground.
THERMAFLEECE Original can be cut using a straight edge and a Stanley knife, or simply torn apart.